Tuesday, March 10, 2015

My third short film, 'We're Okay', has officially wrapped!


Earlier this week, my team and I finished shooting the short film I am co-directing. Whenever I finish production for any project, I always feel a sense of relief but also a great sense of accomplishment. Especially with this film which is titled, We're Okay, there were many obstacles my team and I, as a director, had faced that made shooting it frustrating. However, through the frustration and the struggles, we learned new things and overall developed as professionals.

I'd say the hardest part of this production was reshoots and figuring out how and when to get them done in a timely manner and also making sure that our actors were available and weren't too overwhelmed, for they too have their own individual projects they're working on as well. Another thing is directors tend to work with the same group of people and have the same team working on all their projects but the crew I worked with on We're Okay was not my usual crew. Although it was the first time working with them, I'm glad to say that my experience was mostly a good one and I'd be happy to work with them again for another film.

As of right now, the film is in post-production and my team and I are working on a rough edit, which is close to being finished. The music for the film is by far my favorite part of the film itself and I feel the choices in music which my co-director made really make the film come together as a unique, romantic film. Ultimately, I am thankful to all my cast members and crew members that helped making this film even possible. I am very excited to see the final film in its entirety and see a beautiful story about an unusual love come to life in full effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment